- About Romenick Hall Rental
Romenick Hall is situated on Beaverdam Pond and its picturesque views make it an ideal place for:
- Unit functions
- Social gatherings
This facility features a large open meeting/ballroom area with room to seat 200 guests comfortably.
There is a large food prepping area that has an ice machine, 2 refrigerators, a range and a large sink area for cleaning dishes. There are multiple 20 amp outlets for crock-pots. Large outdoor charcoal super cookers are available for rent at Outdoor Recreation for a fee.The use of Audio/Visual Equipment that is in the facility is prohibited. You are allowed to bring your own equipment for your event. There is no internet access in the hall.
- There is no smoking permitted inside Romenick Hall. There are ash cans located outside for your smoking convenience.
- Decorations are allowed as long as they do not damage Romenick Hall in any way and are removed at the end of the event. Tape is not allowed on the walls.
- For weddings and other events, birdseed and bubbles are appropriate. We do not allow sparklers or fireworks of any kind, rice, glitter, or silk flowers.
- Lit candles may not be used for decorating. Battery operated candles are allowed.
- At the end of the event, clean the facility and remove your belongings. Empty trash cans, wash dishes, remove decorations, sweep floors, and mop spills. All waste garbage shall be removed from the building and placed in dumpster.
The person renting the facility will be responsible for all actions of guests, vendors, and the care of the facility.
- Rates and Reservations
Meeting Facility Rate: $300 per day (8:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.)
Additional Day Rental Use: $100 per day (after first day rental)
Wedding Package Rate: $500
(Friday 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.)
(Saturday 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.)
(Sunday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
To reserve this day use facility call +1(804) 633-8335 or +1(804) 633-8244 up to 11 months in advance. To reserve in person please stop in at Outdoor Recreation/Rec Lodging office, 18616 A.P. Hill Dr, Bldg. 390, Fort A.P. Hill, VA 22427.
Reservations will not be taken without a nonrefundable payment of $100.
Reservations must be paid in full within 14 days of the date the reservation is made.
*All customers are eligible to make an appointment to tour Romenick Hall and the grounds before you make your reservations.
Authorized patrons include active-duty military personnel and their family members, activated Reservists and Army National Guard members, retired military personnel, civilian Department of Defense (DoD) personnel, foreign national employees assigned and working directly for the DoD and DoD contractors working full-time on the installation.
The following categories are eligible to use certain MWR retail activities, including: entertainment, clubs, recreational lodging/resorts, bowling, golf, restaurants, equipment rental, vehicle storage and kennels.
- Purple Heart recipients
- Former prisoners of war
- All veterans with service-connected disabilities
- Individual approved and designated as the primary family caregivers of eligible veterans enrolled under the Department of Veterans Affairs Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers.
For a complete list of MWR patronage authorization reference the Patron Eligibility Criteria Table 7-1 (Page 51).
Cancellation Policy: Reservations must be paid in full within 14 days of the date the reservation is made. Those who cancel reservations after the 14 days will not be refunded for payment.
- Guest Access Requirements
A completed Fort A.P. Hill Form 21 (Unescorted Access) must be submitted for any guest that is over the age of 18, that is nonmilitary or non-DoD ID card holder. The form will be e-mailed to you as soon as you make a reservation. Listed below are the requirements requested on the form for nonmilitary or non-DoD ID card holder:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- State License/ID, U.S. Passport or Resident Alien #*
Form 21 Requests will be submitted to the recreation lodging office at least ten working days prior to the first date access is requested. Late submissions can result in cancellation of the rental without refund.
- Tables and Chairs
Tables available with the rental include (20) 8 foot tables and (182) metal folding chairs.
For an additional $150 you can receive (16) 8 foot round tables, (4) 4 foot round tables, (2) oblong moon shape tables, (9) cocktail tables, and (86) cushion chairs.
Payment for additional equipment must be paid in full within 14 days of the date the reservation is made with Outdoor Recreation.
- Alcohol Use
Alcohol cannot be brought into Romenick Hall without requesting permission. If you serve your own alcohol, a written request must be submitted to the program manager ten working days prior to the rental date. Our MWR Catering is the only authorized vendor to provide alcohol for events. Offsite vendors are not authorized to provide alcohol for your event. The cost for MWR Catering is $150 for four hours. The request for MWR Catering must be submitted ten working days prior to the rental date. All beer/wine requests have to be approved by the Garrison Commander and returned back to FMWR. If the request is not submitted before the request rental time, you will not be allowed to have alcohol at the event.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|