Champ's Camp RV Park
- About Champ's Camp RV Park
The RV Park is located between Richmond, VA and Washington, DC tourist attractions. For vacationers, cross-country travelers or those just taking a weekend away from the house, this RV Park is the perfect place for some nature quiet time.
"Champs Camp" RV Park offers:
- Thirty (30) 50amp full hookup sites (8 pull-through and 22 back-in)
- Asphalt pads
- Picnic tables
- Outdoor charcoal grills
- 24 hour access to RV Service Center
Within walking distance of the RV Park is a family-friendly pond with canoe rentals and nature hiking trails.
The RV Park is also in the center of a great mix of outdoor activities on Fort A. P. Hill to include:
Outdoor Recreation may receive UPS and FedEx services only. (No U.S. Postal Services)
- Group Tent Camping
Champ's Camp rugged beauty is yours to enjoy in our Archer's group tent camping area.
- There are no assigned sites in the group tent camping area.
- The site does not offer electric or water
- Water can be recieved within walking distance.
- Access to hot showers, bathrooms and a laundry facility at the RV Park.
- Within walking distance to 2.5 miles of nature trails, with a pond.
- Canoe rentals also available.
Item Price Tent Camping $5/per night
Sites are provided on a “First-Come, First-Served” basis. Please call (804)633-8244 to make your reservation.
Please setup in any open site. Once you comfortably setup in your site, you then will need to check-in at Outdoor Recreation. Outdoor Recreation after hours check-in guests will need to pick up an information packet from the green box located outside the RV Service Center.
RV Park: From the main gate follow A.P. Hill Drive and then take a left on Campbell Rd., and the RV Park will be located on the left.
Check-in Office, Outdoor Recreation: From the RV Park go back out to A.P. Hill Drive and take a left. Outdoor Recreation will be about a quarter of a mile down the road on your right hand side across from the water tower.
RV Park Rates
Rate Nightly Rate Monthly Rate* Regular Rate (March 16 - November 16) $35 $630 Off-Season Rate (November 17 - March 15) $30 $630 *Monthly rate applies to back-in sites only and have a 60-day limit.
Coin Operated Laundry Service
Laundry Service Type Price Washing $2/per load Drying $2/per load
- Rules & Policies
- Length of stay: IAW AR 215-1 Ch 8-25d (2): Homesteading is strictly prohibited. Recreational stays shall not exceed 60 consecutive days. Management reserves the right to relocate your sites at anytime.
- Golf Carts, ATVs, and any motorized vehicle that is not licensed, are NOT permitted on Fort A.P. Hill or in the RV Park.
- Speed limit in the park is 10 MPH.
- Please keep your site area neat and organized. Please limit the amount of items stored outside or under your unit. One (1) small tent structure per site is authorized but cannot be enclosed.
- You are responsible for your guests’ actions while they are on the campground property. Do not leave children under 15 years of age unattended.
- Tent camping is not permitted in the RV Park. Tent camping is only allowed in the Archer Group Tent Camping Area.
- Open fires or kerosene heaters are not permitted in the RV Park. The fire ring at the group tent camping site is authorized to be used but must request a hot work permit (DA Form 5383-R) that is obtained from the Fort A.P. Hill Fire Department (+1 (804)633-8455 or +1 (804)633-8317) prior to the start of any open flame operation, or other hazardous action, which could result in fire. The fire ring cannot be moved and is shared by all guests authorized to use it.
- Smoking is not permitted within 50ft of any Fort A. P. Hill Building.
- Limit of one camping unit per site.
- One vehicle per site. Guests are not permitted to park in empty RV sites. Overflow POV parking is located at the RV Service Center. Utility trailers must be parked by the RV Service Center.
- Washing of vehicles (RVs and POVs) is not permitted in the RV Park.
- Your pet(s) are welcome; Pet(s) must remain on a leash at all times and are not to be left outside unattended. Pets must be cleaned up after at all times. Pets must not be tied up outside or left unattended.
- No pets are allowed in the RV Service Center.
- Do not share the RV Service Center doorcode.
- Bike riders must wear a helmet and reflector vest at all times. Bike riding is allowed in the RV Park and Beaverdam Area.
- The discharge of firearms or fireworks is prohibited at all times.
- Quiet hours are from 2200-0700 hours (10pm-7am).
- The cutting or damaging of trees is prohibited. Hanging of clothes or anything else on trees, as well as climbing on trees, is prohibited.
- Abuse of the RV Park facilities and grounds will result in removal of parties concerned. Individuals will be held responsible for any damages or loss that is caused by negligence, willful misconduct, or fraud; refunds will not be processed.
- Park and camp at your own risk. Outdoor Recreation, the RV Park, DFMWR, and the Army assume no responsibility for damaged, lost, or stolen personal property during a camper’s stay.
- Water connections must be secure with no drips or leaks. All utility connections should be in good repair and sufficient for the respective load. Management reserves the right to inspect and disconnect any connection that is not in compliance with safety, conservation or sanitary regulations.
- Meat processing is only done at the cleaning rack located behind the RV Park in Archer Camp. Meat processing in the RV Service Center or outside of your RV will not be allowed, and user will be asked to leave without a refund.
- All federal, state and local laws must be followed while visiting Fort A.P. Hill and the RV Park.
- There are no refunds on camping fees.
- For questions or if you have a problem please call: ODR +1 (804)633-8244.
Family and MWR programs are open to Authorized Patrons. This includes Active Duty Military and Reserve personnel, Retirees, DOD Civilian Employees, their Family Members, guests who are accompanied by an authorized patron, and other individuals permitted by AR 215-1.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|