- About Champ's Camp RV Park
The RV Park is located between Richmond, VA, and Washington, DC, tourist attractions. For vacationers, cross-country travelers or those just taking a weekend away from the house, this RV Park is the perfect place for some quiet time.
"Champs Camp" RV Park offers:
- Thirty 50amp full hookup sites (8 pull-through and 22 back-in)
- Each site offers water, sewer and electric (20/30/50amp) hookups, an asphalt pad and a picnic table.
- WiFi access is limited, and is only available outside the RV Service Center.
- One vehicle per site; additionals may be parked in the RV Service Center parking lot.
- Camping is available year-round.
- CLOSED: The RV Service Center, which houses the bathhouse and laundry facilities, is closed until further notice.
Within walking distance of the RV Park is a family-friendly pond with nature hiking trails and a boat ramp. Kayak rentals are available at Outdoor Recreation.
The RV Park is also in the center of a great mix of outdoor activities on Fort A. P. Hill to include:
Visit https://faph.isportsman.net/ to inquire about the fishing and hunting program on Fort A.P. Hill.
Mail Delivery: Outdoor Recreation cannot receive any personal mail for customers.
It is highly recommended to make reservations prior to visiting. Sites are provided on a “First-Come, First-Served” basis. Please call +1 (804)633-8244 to make your reservation.
- Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in Time: 2:00pm
Check-out Time: 12:00pm
RV Park: From the main gate follow A.P. Hill Drive and then take a left on Campbell Rd., and the RV Park will be located on the left.
RV Park Rates
Season Nightly Rate* Max Reservation** Peak Season (April 15 - November 14) $35 60 days Off-Season (November 15 -
$35 90 days
*Ask about our 30-day reservation pricing.
**Upon expiration, reservation may be renewed. Homesteading is strictly prohibited.
- Rules & Policies
- Length of stay: IAW AR 215-1 Ch 8-25d (2): Homesteading is strictly prohibited. Recreational stays shall not exceed 60 consecutive days. Management reserves the right to relocate your sites at any time.
- Golf Carts, ATVs, and motorized vehicles that are not licensed are NOT permitted on Fort A.P. Hill or in the RV Park.
- Speed limit in the park is 10 MPH.
- Please keep your site area neat and organized. Please limit the amount of items stored outside or under your unit. One small tent structure per site is authorized, but cannot be enclosed.
- You are responsible for your guests’ actions while they are on the campground property. Do not leave children under 15 years of age unattended.
- Tent camping is not permitted in the RV Park.
- Open fires or kerosene heaters are not permitted in the RV Park. The fire pit by the RV Center and the fire ring at the group tent camping site are authorized to be used. A hot work permit (DA Form 5383-R) must be obtained from the Fort A.P. Hill Fire Department (+1 (804)633-8455 or +1 (804)633-8317) prior to the start of any open flame operation, or other hazardous action, which could result in fire. The fire ring at the group tent camping site cannot be moved and is shared by all guests authorized to use it.
- Smoking is not permitted within 50ft of any Fort A. P. Hill Building.
- Limit of one camping unit per site.
- One vehicle per site. Guests are not permitted to park in empty RV sites. Overflow POV parking is located at the RV Service Center. Utility trailers must be parked by the RV Service Center.
- Washing of vehicles (RVs and POVs) is not permitted in the RV Park.
- Your pet(s) are welcome; Pet(s) must remain on a leash at all times and are not to be left outside unattended. Pets must be cleaned up after at all times. Pets must not be tied up outside or left unattended.
- No pets are allowed in the RV Service Center.
- Do not share the RV Service Center doorcode.
- Bike riders must wear a helmet and reflector vest at all times. Bike riding is allowed in the RV Park and Beaverdam Area.
- The discharge of firearms or fireworks is prohibited at all times.
- Quiet hours are from 2200-0700 hours (10pm-7am).
- The cutting or damaging of trees is prohibited. Hanging of clothes or anything else on trees, as well as climbing on trees, is prohibited.
- Abuse of the RV Park facilities and grounds will result in removal of parties concerned. Individuals will be held responsible for any damages or loss that is caused by negligence, willful misconduct, or fraud; refunds will not be processed.
- Park and camp at your own risk. Outdoor Recreation, the RV Park, DFMWR, and the Army assume no responsibility for damaged, lost, or stolen personal property during a camper’s stay.
- Water connections must be secure with no drips or leaks. All utility connections should be in good repair and sufficient for the respective load. Management reserves the right to inspect and disconnect any connection that is not in compliance with safety, conservation or sanitary regulations.
- Meat processing is only done at the cleaning rack located behind the RV Park in Archer Camp. Meat processing in the RV Service Center or outside of your RV will not be allowed, and the user will be asked to leave without a refund.
- All federal, state and local laws must be followed while visiting Fort A.P. Hill and the RV Park.
- There are no refunds on camping fees.
- For questions or if you have a problem, please call: ODR +1 (804)633-8244.
Authorized patrons include active-duty military personnel and their family members, activated Reservists and Army National Guard members, retired military personnel, civilian Department of Defense (DoD) personnel, foreign national employees assigned and working directly for the DoD and DoD contractors working full-time on the installation.
The following categories are eligible to use certain MWR retail activities, including: entertainment, clubs, recreational lodging/resorts, bowling, golf, restaurants, equipment rental, vehicle storage and kennels.
- Purple Heart recipients
- Former prisoners of war
- All veterans with service-connected disabilities
- Individual approved and designated as the primary family caregivers of eligible veterans enrolled under the Department of Veterans Affairs Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers.
For a complete list of MWR patronage authorization reference the Patron Eligibility Criteria Table 7-1 (Page 51).
Champ's Camp RV Park
Champ's Camp RV Park
Military DSN (312) 578-8244