Liberty Church is one of the first Baptist churches organized in Caroline County, and it now serves as the Post Chapel for Fort A.P. Hill. Early records tell us that on August 23, 1736, a contract was drawn up to build the Liberty Meeting House. Almost 600 names appear on the church rolls between the years 1830 and 1851.
A monument from 1922 in Bowling Green honors six Baptist ministers who were imprisioned in the Caroline County jail in 1771 for preaching without the approval of the Established Church of England. The defense lawyer who came to their rescue was a young man from Hanover named Patrick Henry.
In June 1941, the church became a part of the military reservation now known as Fort A.P. Hill.
Liberty Church can be reserved by Outdoor Recreation and can be used to host weddings and/or daily morning services.